Streaming music and video to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Afmeets
Not applicable

Streaming music and video to TV

Hi, I am looking to stream music and videos from my Mac to my TV. Can i do this via my current wireless router.

Thanks,

Afmeets

Accepted Solutions
Ants
Occasional Contributor

Re: Streaming music and video to TV

The PS3 could be worth looking into. How are your music and movies stored on your Mac i.e. what format? If they're in a compatible format (like AAC or MP3 for music and MP4 for videos) you'll be able to stream them to the PS3 using a bit of software called MediaLink. The PS3 also comes with the BBC iPlayer.

Ants Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ants
Occasional Contributor

The PS3 could be worth looking into. How are your music and movies stored on your Mac i.e. what format? If they're in a compatible format (like AAC or MP3 for music and MP4 for videos) you'll be able to stream them to the PS3 using a bit of software called MediaLink. The PS3 also comes with the BBC iPlayer.

Ants Smiley Very Happy

Ablored
New Content Contributor

Ants wrote:

Ants Smiley Very Happy

Many TV fans are well aware of the Slingbox and Slingbox Pro-HD, products that let you access all of your local television content anywhere in the world via an Internet-connected laptop or WI-Fi-enabled smartphone. Sling Media has now introduced the SlingCatcher ($299.99), which handles this task in reverse: By connecting this device to your television you can access downloaded media stored on your PC and some Web video content as well.

streamvideo.jpg

Dcarport
Occasional Contributor

Found a useful video on how to stream video to TV: